February 4, 2009

Bitch No More

Listen. Enough complaining. If you can't do anything, but complain, I suggest that you keep your mouth shut. I can't hear any more of this whining, I said firmly, but without anger to the kid.

Mom's don't get sick. This is a myth. I have had a virus for 2 weeks, and I have been dragging myself around because the thought of keeping my healthy kid home with the sick mom for 2 weeks is unthinkable.

So, we keep our schedule. We're driving to the extra-curricular activity that kiddo chose, and I am hearing whining and ingratitude.

Knowing it was possible that I was overreacting due to my viral condition, I tried to change the subject. Tell me something you like about Circus.

The kid couldn't get off of the whining. I drew the line, I cannot hear anymore of this complaining. You can speak of something positive or we can listen to music. What is your choice?

The urge to complain was too much for the kid. My child's brain was high jacked by the bitch monster. I understood. My brain can be easily swept away with the drama.

We arrived at the big top. As I opened the first door, I made my aforementioned proclamation.

I opened the second door, turned and noticed the entire staff of Circus Juventas, huddled in a meeting.

Isn't that just the way? I get to look like the mean mommy.

Those who would judge do not have children. Find me a parent without a threshold for complaining, and I will find her drugs. Or her stash of HoHo's.

The world is full of victims who blame, bitch and moan. I don't want to be one, and I don't want to raise one.

Tomorrow, we stay home and heal.

No comments: