September 16, 2008

Trip the Dog Shit Fantastic

Today I stepped in dog shit. I came to this realization after I saw it on my living room carpet. I just stood there with eyes rolled up into the back of my head. I hate dog shit; ergo, I don't have a dog.

I had planned to meditate and then head to the gym. Instead I meditated on dog shit and carpet. This mantra was followed by - we need a wood floor, who can live like this, I hate this house, etc., ad infinitum. The thinking continued this way, a giant, negative run-on sentence to hell - all the way to the gym.

I can only assume that I am experiencing some sort of karmic payback for all the times that our former dog got loose and spread his love throughout the neighborhood. He was a very small, quick dog. He would make a break for it whenever I opened the front door.

Hopefully, after today's installment, I have burned off this bad dog shit karma so I can get back to being spiritual.

No comments: