September 18, 2008

Heaven in Question

Mommy, what does heaven feel like?

Heaven feels like peace all the time, no matter what. Also, you never have to be reminded that you are God's kid, you just know it. You know you belong to God. You never forget.

Can I watch H.R. Puffnstuff?

Maybe later.


I have never minded my kid's questions. If I have an answer, I give it. If I don't, I say, I don't know.

What a beautiful thing that a person can ask a question without being judged. All questions are equal. Heaven and H.R. Puffnstuff have the same value in the exchange.

When a question is just a question, it is a simple exchange of information. No strings. No tests. No expectations. No fear. No right and wrong. Giving and receiving.

Kiddo asks about heaven. I answer. It seems like the kid is receiving, and I am giving. However, I get to think about heaven for a moment instead of the yellowish brown juice that has pooled in the vegetable crisper now that the tomatoes have come off the vine. I have to consider heaven to be able to answer. What a lovely gift that turned out to be today.

A few minutes later, kiddo opined,
Heaven is behind the clouds. Do they eat dessert there?


Yes, while watching H.R. Puffnstuff.

Good, I like Witchie-Poo.

No comments: